Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms carefully as use of this website means that you accept them.
Limitation of liability
- This website should only be used for information purposes. It is not advice and you should not rely on it to make (or refrain from making) any decisions or take (or refrain from taking) any action. No information on this website is intended as an invitation to invest or otherwise deal in shares of Dairy Crest Group Plc.
- Dairy Crest is not responsible for the website's accuracy or its fitness for a particular purpose or the reliability of the access to this website.
- Dairy Crest is not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of or inability to use this website. Dairy Crest does not guarantee that this website will operate free of error or that is free from computer virus or any other contaminating computer program.
Data protection and privacy
Changes to the website
- Dairy Crest may change the website or these terms at any time by posting notice of the changes on the website. If you use the website after Dairy Crest has posted the changes you will be bound by the new terms. You should therefore ensure that you read the terms each time you use the website.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and your use of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
© 2008 Dairy Crest Limited. All rights reserved.
Best of British Hampers competition Terms & Conditions
- Open to UK, NI, ROI, CI and IoM residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Dairy Crest and their immediate families, its agents or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion.
- This promotion is available on packs of Standard Spreadable 250g, Standard Spreadable 500g, Reduced Salt Spreadable 500g and Lighter Spreadable 500g with promotional coverleaves, subject to availability.
- To enter, go online at www.enjoycountrylife.co.uk and follow the instructions. You must complete the entry form by providing the details requested and your pack code.
- You can also enter with purchase by post. Please send entries on a plain piece of paper with your pack code, your name, address and contact telephone number, to Country Life Competition, PO Box 151, Ludlow SY8 9BE. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries lost in the post.
- Purchase is not necessary for residents of Northern Ireland and ROI. Residents of Northern Ireland and ROI may enter the promotion without purchase by sending an email with their name, address and telephone number to Countrylife@madabouthandling.co.uk Northern Ireland and ROI entries without purchase are limited to one entry per household per draw.
- To enter entrants must have a 16 digit pack code, which is found on the lids of promotional packs of Standard Spreadable 250g, Standard Spreadable 500g, Reduced Salt Spreadable 500g and Lighter Spreadable 500g. Only valid codes will be accepted. Other manufacturers’ references or printing errors do not constitute codes.
- For entry with purchase, pack codes may be used up to 10 times per entrant. If an entrant uses a pack code more than 10 times, these entries will be rejected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject fraudulent entries. Third party and bulk entries are not allowed and will not be counted. Proof of purchase may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries and withhold any Prizes which may have been won if it believes that an entrant has not complied with the Website Terms or these Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to take appropriate legal action if necessary. Entries cannot be returned and are the property of the Promoter.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical problems. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on www.enjoycountrylife.co.uk or during entry into the promotion. The Promoter tries to ensure the standard of the site remains high but cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the website without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control. Entrants are responsible for all Internet connection costs charged by their service provider. If they do not pay the bill, they should seek permission from the person who does.
- There will be 12 prize draws. The closing dates for the prize draws are 20th, 27th February, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th March, 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th April, 1st May and the final draw on 26th June. Each weekly prize draw closes at 23:59 on the above date and the new draw opens at 00:00 the next day. All valid entries that are received before the final closing date 23:59 on 25th June 2011 will be entered into the prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to revise these dates and extend the periods for accepting the entries to the prize draws.
- Each prize draw will take place within 48 hours after each closing date. One entry will be drawn at random by an independent person in each prize draw.
- Only one Prize can be won per household during this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions or cancel the prize draws at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- The entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The personal details of entrants will be used solely for the distribution of Prizes and in order to make winners’ names and counties available for public inspection and not for future direct marketing purposes (unless the entrant has opted in to receive further information from the Promoter).
- One entry will be drawn at random by an independent person in each prize draw who will win a hamper for themselves and one for another person of their choice.
- Winners will be notified by telephone or email within 2 weeks of the relevant draw date. The Prize must be claimed within 28 days from first notification. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact winners, however, if the Prize is not claimed within these 28 days the winner will forfeit their right to the Prize. All prizes must be redeemed by 30th June 2012.
- Winners will have a chance to nominate a friend or family member to receive the second hamper. The name and contact number of the winner’s preferred person must be supplied within 28 days of winner notification. This person will then be contacted and asked to submit their home address for us to send their hamper. The person must consent to the prize or this will be offered to an alternative person of the winner’s choice.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners may be required to take part in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the prize draws. No compensation shall be awarded for such participation.
- The winners agree to their names and counties being posted on the website www.enjoycountrylife.co.uk The names and counties of the winners will also be available after the closing date for 6 months by sending an SAE to Country Life Competition Winners, 185 Park Street, London, SE1 9DY.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control when the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prizes will only be awarded to the winners.
- Prizes are redeemable only by the named winner and must not be sold onto any other party.
- All descriptions, specifications and images of Prizes used in promotional material are valid at the time of going to print. Colours and other minor specifications of Prizes may differ from those illustrated
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained by any entrants as a result of participation in the promotion or use of the Prize. The Promoter does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the promotion and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party. The Promoter will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of their obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any unforeseen cause beyond its control.
- The prize consists of two Spring Hampers, one for the winner and one for a person of the winners choice. Each hamper will contain the following: Smoked Suffolk Fillet Steak from Artisan Smokehouse (100g)- Winner 3* Gold at the Great Taste Awards 2010, Classic Smoked Salmon from Royal Warrant Holder, Inverawe Smokehouse (200g), Mini Wiltshire ham from Royal Warrant Holder Dukeshill Hams (min 900g), Duck Liver Pate with Apricot and Cornish Blue Cheese (454g), Organic Half Leg of Welsh Montgomery Lamb (ave 1kg, serves 4), Four Shoulder Steaks marinated with Mustard & Rosemary from Graig Farm Organics (4x 150g), Mint Jelly from Ouse Valley Foods (227g), Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding (390g)- the original & best sticky toffee pudding, Isle of Wight Blue Cheese (approx 200g)- Winner Best English Cheese at the World Cheese Awards, Lancashire Bomb (460g)- the legendary mature Lancashire cheese from Andrew Shorrock, Win Green (240g)- Unpasteurised soft cows’ milk cheese from Somerset, Gold Medal Winner British Cheese Awards, Paxton & Whitfield Biscuit Selection – 1 packet of each: Original Oat Biscuits, Chestnut & Wheat Crackers, Charcoal Crackers (3x 150g), Quince & Damson Fruit Cheese (125g)- 2* Gold Great taste Award, Organic Fig Relish from Tracklements (250g), Gooseberry & Elderflower Jam (340g), 4 Berries Jam (340g), Pear and Apple Conserve with Cinnamon (340g), Clotted Cream (200g), Stem Ginger handmade Mini Shortbread Biscuits in a box (200g), 6 Handmade Scones, 8 Handmade Hot Cross Buns, Dundee Cake in a luxury Gift Tin (400g), Ridgeview Merret Cavendish 2008, Country Life block butter 250g, Country Life spreadable butter 500g, Davidstow Cornish Cracker Cheese 200g, Davidstow Cornish Classic Mature 200g. The promoter reserves the right to modify the contents of the hamper if an item is not available, and replace by an item of similar or higher value.
- Deliveries will be made within two weeks after notification of the winners.
- Entrants must read and accept the website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement to be eligible.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Promoter: Dairy Crest Limited, Claygate House, Littleworth Road, Esher, Surrey KT10 9PN.
Please do not send entries to this address.